Keywords: Innovation, Innovation Management
Role Purpose: Job Purpose:
• The Innovation Section Head is responsible for developing and implementing the innovation management framework, processes, and applications for DoE. This includes remaining aware of developments applicable to the sector and remaining abreast of economic, social, and environmental developments.
• In addition, this role is also in charge of collating research and innovation produced by educational institutes, research centers, think tanks, and the private sector that can positively impact the energy sector.
• The Innovation Section Head is tasked with analyzing and understanding the impact of the research and innovation and advising other departments within Energy Policy and the broader DoE teams.
• Furthermore, this role is also responsible for supporting function creation programs to enable the running of pilot projects within the energy sectors.
● Collate information and reports on innovation undertaken by think tanks, research centers, educational institutes, and private-sector companies to understand developments across cleantech, renewables, alternative energy, and the environment.
● Prepare reports and provide advice to the Energy Policy Section on innovation outputs.
● Develop and implement a framework for innovation management that ensures DoE remains up-to-date with innovation and technological changes which will impact the sector and that the required teams with DoE are fully aware of these changes.
● Develop relationships with research centers, educational institutes, think tanks, and commercial and private sector companies both regionally and globally, cooperating with experts to support research and enable access to cutting-edge research and innovation.
● Work closely with all relevant business units to ensure policies and strategies are being prepared with a full understanding and knowledge of new technology and developments in renewables and improvements in processes that would benefit the Abu Dhabi electricity, water, wastewater, and district cooling sectors.
● Build internal and external awareness of innovation in the energy transition drivers: cleantech, energy efficiency renewables.
● Assist in external and internal creation and retention of technological know-how, covering basic research, technology development, and R&D portfolio management.
● Support the sector with innovation initiatives, ensuring the focus is on areas of value and the appropriate due diligence has been undertaken.
● Ensure there is collaboration across the DoE and sector to support the generation of ideas, helping strengthen an innovation-driven culture.
● Assist in benchmarking DoE’s current innovation-related strategies and identify areas for growth.
● Assist in the collation and sharing of data and information within COMPANY
● Support by implementing best practices, standardizing research methods for new insights, and promoting open innovation in the sector.